The Department is composed of four sections; Administration, Appraisal, Manufactured Dwelling Transfers, and Personal Property & Cartography. Services and duties provided:
|Willamette Meridian - All surveys and grids west of the Cascades in Oregon and Washington are drawn from this spot.|
- Locate & identify all taxable property;
- Inventory all property including quality, quantity, & important characteristics;
- Estimate the market value of each taxable property;
- Answer appeals and explain the assessment process used;
- Administer all Special Assessment Statutes that pertain to certain classes of property;
- Calculate the tax rate and compute each tax bill.
- Prepare the assessment roll;
- Prepare & maintain all county maps including subdivision, partitioning and code identification.
- Perform Manufactured Dwelling title transfers
Click here for:
Exemption and Deferral Information
Property Tax Appeals
Josephine County Tax Maps
Manufactured Structure FormsBusiness Personal Property